Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back with lots of updating!

I've been out of action for such a long long time! Partly due to work and partly due to the fasting month, I hardly feel up to do updating my blog. I also realised I have a more cake pics than food due to the fact that during the fasting month I rely heavily on my mum to feed me! haha!

This is some simple bowtie pasta that I decided to make into an Asian style soup rather than the typical tomato sauce drenched version.  I also like this version as I can add as much vegetables I like and it all enhances the soup base. I topped it with some fried shallots for an interesting taste.
I happen to chance upon some mock beef balls at the Friendly Vegetarian Supplier. The shop assistant recommended that we try it as he professed that it tastes rather authentic. We purchased it and Wow! Though it has been over eight years since I last ate beef, I think it does taste meaty and I made some noodles with it. It lends a very interesting taste and texture element :)

No comments: