I hadn't made pancakes in sometime and been craving for some. My fav pancakes usually contain sliced or mashed bananas and chocolate. However, for this one, I did not have bananas and relied on good ol chocolate. I added non-diary chocolates in the batter and drizzled some non-diary chocolate ganache on top. Super awesome. In fact, hubby said this were the best pancakes I have made, vegan or otherwise :)
Recipe for Vegan Double Chocolate Pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1-2 tbsp of sugar
a pinch of salt
1 cup of soy milk (and about an additional tbsp)
2 tbsp of corn oil or other veg oil
1 tsp vanilla
A handful of chocolate chips, or more.
1) Sift all the dry ingredients.
2) Add the milk, vanilla and corn oil and whisk until smooth. The batter should be thick and runny. If not, add the additional tbsp or so.
3) Mix in the chocolate. (Take care not to over mix as the chocolates will start to melt).
4) Heat a non-stick pan with a little oil. Drop about 2 tablespoons of batter and cook it until it dries and has a lot of bubbles. Flip it over and cook until brown.
5) Pour some chocolate syrup on top for the chocolate overload.
This is a generic batter that can be easily changed by adding blueberries, mashed bananas or other fruits. Consider adding nuts, flax seeds or dried fruits. You can consider using different type of sweeteners as well, like brown sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar.