Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vegan Mango Chocolate Cake


This was a cake I did for a dear friend of mine, R. It was a belated birthday cake for her mother and she wanted me to make something different for her. So, she decided on a mango and chocolate cake. Fortunately, fresh mangoes were going for a song and I decided to make a chocolate cake and layer it with fresh mango. I wanted to make something spectacular with chocolate for her but two things were working against me. For one, I have never tempered chocolate on my own, so I was a little worried about getting it right. Secondly, R informed me that the cake will be kept in the car (without shelter) for a few hours before consumption. I didn't want to take the risk of the chocolate melting, so I settled for something simple. After I took this picture, I made some modifications which I forgot to capture in my camera afterwards. 

Fortunately, her mum who had never had a vegan cake before liked it, so I'm happy :)

1 comment:

Cookie said...

well done, another beautiful cake!