Saturday, June 14, 2008

10 days since the last post! (Part 1)

It's been two days since I got back to work but I had been stricken with the flu the past week. Been drugging myself with medication and feeling grumpy. So, there has been not much posts. I looked back at some of the pics and realised that I actually made some stuff after the holiday and I hadn't had the time to post them. 

I had a pumpkin seating in the fridge. I once ate a delicious stir fried pumpkin with grated coconut at one of my friend's place many years ago and since then I always loved my pumpkin that way. Together with a tsp of meat curry powder and a stick of cinnamon, it tastes really heavenly. However, I did not have any coconut at home, so I decided to make it a little wet so that I can use it as a curry for my rice. I also bought a bittergourd on a whim, so I decided to stir fry it with soft tofu, something to mimick the egg and tofu dish we usually find. To make it more palatable to my hubby who dislikes rice, I made some fried tofu. Very simple and very delicious. Just some chilli paste or chilli powder and salt. Let it marinate as long as you like and fry. Yummy even as a snack! And for me, no meal is complete without some nice greens.... I'm not familiar with the names of green leafy vegetables, I just choose those on promotion and cook it. This one had just three ingredients - lots of chopped garlic sauted in oil and oyster sauce for taste. Simple and quick!

Pumpkin Curry

Bitter gourd and tofu
Fried Tofu and Tempeh

Stir fried Greens

No comments: