Thursday, June 5, 2008

Some Western Food


I'm back from my Bintan trip but I'm battling a flu and sore throat. So, I haven't really been able to cook much the past few days. These were made before I left for the holiday. I was tired of making the usual noodle or rice dishes so I decided to do some Western food. Since we stocked up on groceries, I did a simple spinach stir fry, steamed a corn, made some (lumpy) mashed potatoes and did a mock mutton stir fry with cashew nuts. It was really delicious and we gobbled it up!
I also had the opportunity to make my 1st lentil burgers. It turned out pretty good but I did not realise how filling it would be. So the patties were rather thick and both me n hubby had a hard time finishing it off! Blah! If I were to make it again, I possibly will reduce the amount of lentils and make a thinner and crispier burger patty. 





No comments: