Monday, February 4, 2008

White Bananalicious Choc Pancakes



My hubby promised to bring me to McD for breakfast yesterday but that didn't materialize... Since then I have been craving for some pancakes (added crunchy hash browns would have been good). Last night at my mother's place I saw some ripe bananas hanging freely and I decided that it would be a good opportunity to make the much craved pancakes...
So, today morning I set about making them only to realise, after I whisked all the ingredients together, that  it was not quite sweet enough (and alas I didn't have any P.cake syrup too)... So I dug into the dungeon of a fridge and came out with some white choc and bitter choc... of cos' bitter choc is only gonna make the situation worse.. So i decided to go down the unfamiliar path of white choc...


How did it turn out? Well the pancakes were good... nice and fluffy.. hubby commented they tasted like McDs but the white choc was something he didn't quite care for... For me it was alrite... something different but I think we both still prefer the bitterness and nuttiness of the dark choc... Which reminds me... I better go n stock up on some semi sweet at the least.

H


Recipe for White Bananalicious Choc Pancakes     


1 cup plain flour ( I used 3/4C plain + 1/4C whole wheat)
1 tbsp white sugar (I found that it was not sweet enough)
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
1 cup milk 
2 bananas chopped (you can puree it if you want. I like the chunkiness)
handful of white/dark choc
Some oil/butter for the griddle (I didn't use any cos' mine is non-stick)


1. In a bowl, add flour, sugar, B.P., salt.
2. Whisk in milk, V.E., egg.
3. Whisk in chopped banana and choc
4. Heat the griddle, oil it and pour the p.cake batter on it. The size of the p.cake is up to you. You can make a big one or many small ones.
5. Once bubbles start to appear and it starts to look dry, flip it over for a minute or so
6. Remove from griddle and serve hot.



No comments: