Monday, May 19, 2008

Friday's Gluttony and Redemption


One of the things that I strive to achieve is to cook something different everyday. I don't want a vegetarian diet to limit us and to ensure that we don't get bored, I think it is important to add variety to our food. So on Friday, I decided to make pizza. I love pizza partly because I enjoy Italian food and also because I think pizzas are just assembly whatever ingredients you have and there is so little preparation to it. Of course, I'm a purist in the sense that I make my own pizza crust and there is such a joy in the aroma of the baking bread. I've been using this recipe for years and love it. To make the pizza more nutritious, I fried some tempeh and added as one of the topping. Lovely! I also make the pizza sauce simple by using some tomato puree and add some herbs to it (mainly basil, oregano and pepper)

So, after eating up the whole tray of pizza, which hubby thought was enough for lunch and dinner, I was quite regretful for my actions. Also, I was so stuffed that I was not even hungry at night. So, I decided to make a fruit salad for dinner and it was really healthy. Just cut some fruits and eat. Of course, for fancier taste, I suppose some dressing can be included but I always just like to eat fruits as they are. I had a kiwi, plum, orange, apple and grapes. Super yummy and nutritious!

No comments: