Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mock me... I finally cooked mock meat!


Yipes... Like the title says... I have given in to mock meat to make the transition more palatable.... Well... last night we had our RC meeting and it finished super late... at 10.30 p.m. I had to come back and start dinner after that... so we decided on a pizza prata.. I used to make a non-vegetarian version of it with hotdog and roll it up in an instant prata and you bake it.. it comes out really crispy like hotdog croissant... I took out my first and only can of mock chicken.. and chopped it up and added some canned mushrooms to the prata and baked it... It was alrite... nothing outstanding, partly because I dislike the artery clogging prata and I also didn't like the fact that there was not much vegetables on it.. I wished I had some bell peppers to go with it.  I suppose we all have one of those instant nights... If anyone wants to use it for a quick fix.. this is the recipe.

Easy Peasy Pizza Prata

Some mock meat (I used a can of mock chicken.. but i think ham would be great)
One tomato sliced
One can of mushroom - sliced
Some tomato puree/paste (I didn't have it... so I used chilli sauce)
Some oregano and pepper to taste
Some bell peppers diced (didn't have this)
Any other vegetables - like olive, marinated tofu etc
Cheese - Mozzarella or anything you like
Some frozen instant pratas (I used six.. three for me and three for hubby)

Method:

1) Preheat the oven to about 220 degree Celsius. Bake prata in the oven until it is fluffy but not cooked completely (about 10 mins). 
2) In the meantime, chop up all the vegetables and mix the oregano and pepper with the tomato puree
3) Once, the prata has fluffed up, remove from oven and spread a layer of the tomato puree mixture on it. Top with desired vegetables and mock meat and sprinkle some cheese over it. 
4) Return to oven and continue to bake until the cheese has melted and the vegetables have started to wilt. (about another 10 to 15 mins)
5) In the meantime, take out your skipping rope and skip 300 times, pop in for a quick shower and enjoy the food!

No comments: